Monday, April 21, 2014

Honored and Surprised


It's a new day, a new week. The sun is shining. The weather is far removed from the week past. I woke this morning to a wonderful surprise. There were COMMENTS on my new, fledgling blog. Suddenly, I was wide awake. I knew the culprit. He'd already informed me something was going on. Alex J. Cavanaugh strikes again! His blog is a treasure trove of music and movie knowledge not to mention a veritable Who's Who of the blog world. His minions roam the Interwebs and give him information on all the newly published authors, those who have started new blogs, those who are struggling and those who are celebrating. He claims he doesn't have clones but, seriously, who believes that?

I know many of you who are now reading this post found me thanks to Alex. THANK YOU for stopping by! There's a bit of a background here I have wanted to share for a while but, until now, the time hasn't been right.

I started my first blog back in 2007. It was sparse but it was mine. Slowly, I added other blogs, changed the titles, changed the addresses. You see, I've spent a LONG time searching for my place in this world and my blogs have served as a sort of public wardrobe for my inner wanderings. That's why I stopped blogging for so long. When I graduated from college last May, I thought I had the answers. Sad, isn't it? A 30-something year old thinking they know everything there is to know about themselves? I blogged but my heart wasn't in it. I felt pressured, pushed by the "powers that be" (whoever the heck they are) to DO something, to BE something, to MAKE something happen. There's nothing wrong with any of those things, but for me, at that particular moment, it just wasn't going to work.

So I left. I shut down, closed shop, right before the biggest blog challenge of the year. The A-Z Challenge has been going strong since April 01 and I bowed out. It was a HARD decision to make. I have made so many great friendships during the 6 years I've been blogging. I didn't want to lose them but I knew if I didn't leave, I'd just keep lying to myself and everyone around.

And after I left, something wonderful happened.

I stopped striving. I stopped looking for "myself" and became myself. I spent weeks and months looking inward and praying and things began to happen. Not because I was doing anything but because I WAS. I'm not sure if that makes sense but, as they say, God works in mysterious ways. Do I have all the answers? Of course not, but I'm confident that THIS is where I belong. THIS is where I've belonged all along. As the days and weeks go by, I look forward to sharing this space with you. I look forward to the projects that are in the works coming to fruition and the ideas I have fleshing themselves out. And I'm here to share it all with whoever decides to wander along with me on this crazy, marvelous, fantastic journey we call life.

Welcome. And thank you.

22 comments:

  1. WOW! What a heartwarming post that is! I didn't find you by Alex...well, in a round about way, I guess I did. I actually clicked on your link from Michelle Wallaces' place. Just because I needed to visit more A to Z blogs. :) So glad I did though. Your post warmed my soul. Of course we don't have all the answers. But it's always fun to go on the adventure of life to find them, right?

    Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
    My A to Z
    Caring for My Veteran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I'm so glad Alex mentioned you because I've wondered what happened and how you were. It sounds like a really wise decision to take that break. We have to listen to our inner wisdom in that way, even if it doesn't make totally sense. So glad you are in a better place now Looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief to find your way HOME. As you say, God does work in mysterious ways and it is often when we become still that we find. Congrats on your new blog home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a writer, I take life one day at a time, literally! Glad you to meet you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! So glad you took the time to find you. God was working on you and you didn't even know it.
    Happy to feature you today and glad you're back, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen! Found you via IWSG. Alex is a great one, isn't he?? And welcome back to the world of blogging! There are some great people roaming around the Blog-o-Sphere these days, I'm sure you'll make some wonderful friends quite quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to have found you through Alex, Jen. Good luck with your new blog. Sometimes we just need to be!

    Mary Montague Sikes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I'm here on a hop from Alex's blog, and I'm so glad he sent me here. I love your honest post and just shared it with Facebook for many to see. As of this moment, I am your newest follower. (Thanks, Alex!)
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning and what a beautiful way for me to start my day...a new blogging destination from the soul.

    A while ago I wrote: "I have not found what I am looking for, as I have finally quite looking. Each day I discover more of what I searched for, without knowing that this is what I would find."

    And now, via Alex C. I found this wonderful place to hang out. I shall return.

    Have an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Hello to ALL!

    Jamie (Lady Jai): I'm super glad you decided to click through on Michelle's post. So very nice to meet you! I'm very happy you enjoyed my post. Thank you for your kind words.

    Karen: Hello! SO glad to see you! It was a very good thing to take that break. Best thing I have done for myself and my writing lately. I'm happy to have you along here and will stop by soon!

    Robin: Welcome! Glad to see you again! Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. It's good to be back!

    Jennifer: Hello! Very nice to meet you as well. Thanks for stopping by. All we can do is take one day at a time. I have to remind myself of that often :)

    Alex: Thank you, again. God usually works in me and for me without telling me first! And I'm thankful and humbled by this most amazing gift :D What a fun ride, eh?

    Randi: Very nice to meet you! Thanks for clicking through via the IWSG page. Yes, Alex is great :) So very talented and giving. Thank you so much! I'm very happy to be back. So far, I'm meeting some wonderful new people and seeing some wonderful "old" friends!

    Mary: Happy to have you along! Thanks for stopping by. Amen to that. We all should take time for be-ing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not one of Alex's minions, but I did come over at his suggestion. However, I joined because of your Hobby Lobby post. Which I read before reading this post.

    Looking forward to reading more from you. Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah! He does have clones. I know. The cloning machine that the scientists locked in my basement were working on disappeared. Only a ninja could have snuck that beast out of here. Beware the ninja. ;) (And the clones. We never fully finished testing the machine.)

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debi: Thank you for wandering over and thank you so much for sharing my post via Facebook. How very kind! Happy to have you visiting!

    Dean: Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad you found my new blog home and enjoyed this post. Welcome!

    Happy Whisk: Thanks for stopping by and following :) I love your name, by the way. Makes me think of a very happy cook. Glad you enjoyed the Hobby Lobby post! It was fun to write.

    Crystal: I knew it! That explains so much. Sorry the ninjas got your cloning machine, though. They must be hard to come by. Thanks for stopping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks. My husband picked the name for me when he got me to start blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Jen... thank you for the kind comment over at my place.

    I love this statement within the body of your post...

    I stopped looking for "myself" and became myself.

    I do believe this is how it happens... how we find who we are... where we are going...

    I look forward to reading your blog....

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoo hoo. I'm so excited for you, and glad to have you back in the blogging realm. Cheers to you!
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I found you, again, thanks to Alex! I like the feel of this blog. I like your words, shared after so much thought and time went in to creating them. Good luck with your new "home" and I hope it serves you well... Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jen! *waves* I came over from Alex's blog, of course :) What a great, eloquent, heartfelt introduction; so perfect for all of us who are just meeting you! Im so glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jen. Last i knew you were having a blogging break, but sounds like you've had a breakthrough! Good one! I, too, started blogging in 07, and have had many rebirths! It's okay to grow, develop and find yourself through blogging. After all, it'd be pretty crook if we were stagnant.

    You are a wonderful writer as shown through your effort at WEP. I've not forgotten you and wish to support you in any way I can.

    Happy self-discovery!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful post. I'm glad you found where you can be yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shoes: Thank you so much for stopping by and for the kind words. So glad you found that little nugget. It just came to me and I was like, "Whoa. THAT'S what this blog is all about!"

    Mary: You're awesome! Thank you for all your support over the years!

    Lisa: So good to see you again! I've been slowly making my rounds to blogs that I belonged to on previous blog attempts but it seems, thanks to Alex, you are all finding me first! I love it!

    Liz: *waving back* Hello and thanks for stopping by! So nice to meet you :)

    Tyrean: Thank you so much for stopping by!

    Denise: So happy to see you again! Thank you for stopping by. It seems you found me first :) I'm so happy to be back.

    KMckendry: Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J