Thursday, May 1, 2014

Containers


What holds us together? What binds us, keeps us from leaking emotion and ugliness from every pore? We all have containers: those people and places that hold us tight and, especially when we're feeling less than lovely, keep us from exploding, a thousand black holes into our endless night.

My container is my husband. Today is our Ten Year Anniversary. I've known him for eighteen years. We were best friends for three of those years, oddly enough when I was living 200 miles away. Not only is he my container, he's my joy, my sounding board, my flash of reality and, yes, still, my best friend. He's my partner in crime, the Sam to my Frodo, the Watson to my Sherlock, the Calvin to my Meg.

His name is Jon and he blogs at Audio Treasure Chest. He's a huge fan of music and spends his spare time discovering or re-discovering bands. He's got an ear for more than just pitch and tone; Jon's always been able to see into the soul of the music he listens to, the music he plays, and the music he's mixed for bands in the past.

Here's an invitation to go tell that person in your life-the one that holds you together, that inspires you, brings you joy and lets you settle safely inside-just how very much they mean to you. It doesn't even have to be your anniversary, but if it is, I wish you many, many more to come.

      
from Google search (Sam and Frodo)       found via Google search HERE               found via Google search HERE

PS: why, yes, I AM more emotional, erratic, bi-polar, eccentric, prone-to-finding-rings-of-power-and-doom than Jon is. He's far more stable and looks better in a bowler hat than I :)

10 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, Jen. How lucky you married your best friend and that you are so happy together. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! You two have been together a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary Jen and Jon. It's wonderful to hear about the joy you two share. Congratulations!
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary Jen and Jon. My wife and I passed 27 years back in March. An amazing journey for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary, my best friend! I love you and I'm glad I get to be your Sam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Happy Wishes, to you BOTH.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen: Thank you so much :)

    Alex: Thanks! Yes, we have!

    Debi: Thanks so much!

    Dean: Thank you and congratulations to you and your wife! That's quite a milestone :)

    Jon: I wouldn't get very far without my Sam :)

    Whisk: Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was great to see ya'll last night and share your happy 10th! May you have many more years with your bestie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan: It was great to see you guys also! Thank you :) Hopefully we'll run into you again soon and enjoy more great coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J