Friday, August 1, 2014

Fabulous Fantastic Friday

...and also with you.

Your mother died to save you. If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. Love as powerful as your mother's for you leaves it's own mark. To have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever.” 
~ JK Rowing, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

I started my first ever re-read of the Harry Potter books. I read them as they came out, one by one, with years in between. It was the first series I ever pre-ordered and stood in line for at book stores. When The Goblet of Fire came out, I devoured it in two days and had to wait more than a year for Book Five. And, joy of all joys, I got to know all the characters BEFORE the films came out. All in all, I'd say that's the greatest blessing of all. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE the movies. The  cast is superb and could not have been better. Still, there's something to say for the way YOU envision a character and not how Hollywood interprets him.

***

This week has been a jumble of projects and experiments. Have you ever had an idea that niggled at your mind for years upon years to FINALLY have it fall into place? That happened for no less than three different projects this past week. I'm relieved and tired but oh so excited! I know I'm being a bit cryptic, but for now let's just say that these projects are going to take up all my time but will allow me to be creative AND get some stories out there. I PROMISE, just as soon as I feel I am able to share more, I will :)

***

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend planned! I'm sorry (again) for not making it around to visit more often. As mentioned above, I've been swamped with self-imposed creativity deadlines. A good thing, yes, but a bit stifling where the social media is concerned. I am pretty active on Instagram and, if you're so inclined, feel free to follow me there. The link is to the right on the sidebar or look me up JENCHANDLERWASHERE. I'd love to keep up with you there!

Have a wonderful weekend!
And may the Norse - I mean FORCE - be with you. Always.


9 comments:

  1. Glad the projects are coming together.
    Would you believe I've never read the Harry Potter books. I have watched all the movies though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex: I do believe it. They're a HUGE commitment! The movies are wonderful but there are so many things they leave out. Little things, but I'm such a detail person that I looked for them in the films and was disappointed when they weren't there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am, for the most part, reallocating my time differently. Every now and then I indulge in blog reading in the morning while I drink my coffee (like today). But, I am putting my novel first and it has caused me to get behind in my social media efforts. So, the good news is that we understand. We live with this juggling act, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen!
    The 'cryptic' projects sound awesome!
    Can't wait for you to fill us in.

    I'm as guilty as Alex... actually double-guilty. I've never read Harry Potter books. I haven't watched the movies either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen. So cool for you and your time inspired projects coming together. Good things come to those who wait...and then act upon them when the moment is right!

    I read all the H.P. books except the last...went to both movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad things are falling into place.

    Thanks for visiting and for your kind compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's one reason I must read the book first before seeing the movie. Godfather says it all. There was no way they could include every scene; the movie would have been 10 hours long. Hi Jennifer. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J