Monday, August 4, 2014

Magpie Tales 231

This week's Magpie Tale stems from the golden age of film. Check out Magpie Tales for more information and for more links to poems sparked by this gorgeous image of Elizabeth Taylor!

My poems and vignettes are written spur of the moment. It's much more fun that way. I treat these picture prompts like stream-of-consciousness practice. I never know what's going to show up on the screen. Hope you enjoy!

Elizabeth Taylor, Set of "Giant", by Frank Worth.


So much sass!
The sun beating down, think I'll lasso it.
Ain't nobody got a thing on me.
Popped hip, sunglassed gaze,
Come and get me grin.

Nobody gonna catch me,
Ain't got time for chit-chat.
Boots and spurs and tumbleweeds
draggin' me down to the next terror town.

Like to stop but I lost my brakes
Somewhere past Alberqerque.
I wonder sometimes if I could make it all stop;
Nope
Hop in, sister,
We're goin' for a ride.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, it's not often my town in mentioned. Hi, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fun. Bet she should've taken a left turn at Albuquerque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the free-wheelin' vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'like to stop but i lost my brakes'...awesome line and i know how she feels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a lovely refreshing take on the image, well done enjoyed your poem. Yes she does have sass!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is full of sass and style & so is this Magpie. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A spicy and sussy write....love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J