Tuesday, November 25, 2014

TBR Tuesday: Tequila Mockingbird



Though this isn't a novel, I would sit down and read it on a rainy afternoon. Tequila Mockingbird is not only one of the most clever titles I've come across, it's one of the most clever books I've ever thumbed through! Part cocktail recipe book, part literary treatise, Tequila Mockingbird is filled with literary inspired drinks and snacks that look like they would make any book club giddy. I mean, come on! Who wouldn't want to eat an hors d'oeuvre called Prawn Quixote?

The shop I work at carries this book and every Friday I'm tempted to take a copy home with me. My only problem is what to make first? The Last of the Mojitos? How about A Rum of One's Own? Or - look out now - The Pitcher of Dorian Grey Goose? Of course there's a few drinks for the non-alcoholically inclined such as The Wonderful Blizzard of Oz.

Sounds pretty silly, right? Well, it is. It appears to be a delightful romp through classic literature with a twist of lemon and a whiskey shooter on the side. I may be a little too excited about this one.

Happy Tuesday everyone! What's at the top of your TBR Pile?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J