Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year."

It's been YEARS since I have not sent Christmas cards. Real, physical, paper and stamp Christmas cards. I love them. There's something ritualistic about them: choosing the perfect design, just the right sentiment, signing your name over and over and over again. The envelope stuffing, addressing and stamping. I LOVE snail-mail and I LOVE Christmas cards.

This year we aren't sending them. This move threw us for more than a loop; we got the whole roller coaster on replay! Which, I suppose I must add, is all my fault and my most hair-brained idea...yet!

So this year, I'm sending this. A Christmas Blog. Funny, but I'm OK with it. I can reach so many more people. YOU for starters. I don't have the addresses of EVERYONE I know virtually. The blog-sphere is HUGE. As in WORLD-huge. I like that.

So here's my Christmas card to YOU:

May you hold your loved ones close this season, physically, spiritually or virtually.

Take a moment to breathe. Close your eyes, deep breath, and let it out...slowly. Think about everything you've accomplished this year, everything you didn't. What can you do better next year? What can you avoid?

May you look around you and see people, places and things you can be THANKFUL for. Name them, every. single. one.

May you pause on Christmas day and remember WHY it's there.

On Christmas Eve, go outside. It doesn't matter the weather. Look up. Can you see the stars? Yes? No? It doesn't matter. Think about it: the STARS are there, whether you can see them or not. They aren't going anywhere. And that means there's still a chance for you. There's still a reason for your being here. Don't give up on YOU.

I know I haven't been the most consistent of bloggers but I've decided to sign off until January. Peace is what I need. Peace and focus for the coming year. Have a BLESSED and JOYOUS Christmas, Friends. Know that you are LOVED and you are SPECIAL. Know that there is NOTHING you can't do if you are willing to WORK hard for it. Have a wonderful holiday season!! I look forward to hearing all about YOUR adventures and your GOALS for the New Year.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and, as cheesy as it may sound,
"God bless us, every one."


6 comments:

  1. Hi Jen... Miss you being here! Got your 'card'! Thank you for your words. I closed my eyes, I took a deep breath... I'll try to remember to go outside on Christmas Eve and connect with the stars. Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cheesiness of Christmas. I'm directing a children's choir for a local production of "A Christmas Carol," and we all say that at the end! Alright, I'll look up at the heavens on Christmas Eve, even if we are having a blizzard, and I will count my blessings. I have many.
    Hugs to you as you enjoy your new home and dream of the new year.
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! And yes, I will go outside and look to the Heavens on Christmas Eve.
    Have a wonderful first Christmas in your new home, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you too! I miss seeing the stars; they're kind of hard to see from where I live, and if I stand for too long, staring up at the sky, I might get knocked over by impatient Chicago commuters rushing by on the sidewalk. (I wish I was joking, but I'm not.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL, JEN!

    I hope you had a nice and restful Christmas. I was able to escape the city for a few days and hike some large hills for three days,

    Communing with nature is so relaxing and spiritual. As you know the sale of my condo was so unexpected and moving was INSANE. I needed this.

    But now I am sick. BOO. I guess all the craziness caught up to me.... No worries. It's just a cold/flu/ Not the best way to ring in the new year, but I will be with friends... they are coming over to my new digs to watch the fireworks exploding over Navy Pier, here in Chicago. My new place is on the 17th floor with a stunning view from ceiling to floor windows wrapping the whole living space.

    Since I can't move out of here yet, I may as well enjoy it!

    ALL the BEST for 2015! May it be a happy and healthy year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and your family, Jen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J