Thursday, January 8, 2015

DIY Book Plates and Ephemeral JACKPOT!


I absolutely ADORE bookplates! Tiny little ex libres that let all who borrow your beloved tomes know to WHOM they belong. They're classy and stylish and FUN not to mention they're pathetically old fashioned.

What's not to love?

Craft Foxes posted THIS lovely article on making your own bookplates. I am in love with anything to do with making my own "this book belongs to" stickers. The real gem (pardon the pun) is that the images come from the database of the British Library's Flickr page.

WHAT?!

Yes. The British Library has a Flickr page. Ephemera Enthusiasts beware: this Flickr stream is FULL of old images, most in the public domain. Can you say "paper craft gold-mine"?

Scissor and paste party at my place! BYOB!

First rainy off day, or excruciatingly cold afternoon, I'm printing out a dozen of these lovelies. The only trouble is trying to decide which books to adorn? Then again, I could spare myself the turmoil and print ALL the images!

Dear Photoshop, 
I apologize in advance for the epic overuse of your services to make 4,000 bookplates.
Sincerely,


3 comments:

  1. Hahahah! 4,000 book plates? That's like, what... Two for each book? That makes sense. You might need backups. :p Also, this is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon: I thought you'd like that 4,000 book plate idea. It's me wishing for more books :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooohhhhh... Well, in that case, we'll have to come up with creative ways to store them. Book furniture, anyone?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J