Monday, March 9, 2015

idea collector


I'm an idea collector. A magpie of thoughts and dreams. For some camera practice today, I pulled out a stack of old notebooks. Yes, these made it in the move, my pair of black sandals were left behind. This tells you how much I love notebooks.

Flipping through these books I see a metamorphosis of myself. Drops of soul accumulate, mercury-like, in lines of ink and graphite. There are cut outs from magazines and much older sketchbooks. There are drawings and magazine articles, projects I'd love to attempt and dreams I've held for decades.

It does the heart good to romp through rewind. If you're open to what blows by, you'll see bits of the puzzle that wants to assemble. A puzzle that says, "Hey, remember me? I'm your life. The one you always wanted."

Stay open. Reacquaint yourself with those things you enjoyed once upon a time. They may just hold the key to what you're meant to share with the rest of us.

Happy Monday,


2 comments:

  1. I'll keep that in mind. Those old thoughts can spark new story ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notebooks are the maps to our lives past. It's nice to be able to look back and find our way, again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J