Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Letter A

WELCOME! To the 2015 A-Z Challenge!! My theme this year is Twenty-Six Days to Bring More LOVELY into Your Life. During the month of April, join me as I blog my way through the alphabet and highlight the bloggers, crafters and dreamers who make the online world (and the REAL world) a much more LOVELY place in which to live! I hope you find inspiration for your own journey.

***

For my kickoff post, I have the privilege of pointing you all in the direction of one of the first bloggers I ever "met" and established a blogging friendship with. Mary [A]algaard has been a wonderful blog-friend since day one. We made our connection during ScriptFrenzy several years ago when we both discovered a desire to write plays and screenplays. My screenplay went on to become the foundation for my final project in college. Mary's play went on to get a cast, a crew, and an opening night!!

Mary's posts and her comments are always heartfelt and inspiring. She starts her posts with a quote and ends with a journal prompt and/or creative challenge. I can not tell you how many times I've stopped by her blog (not often enough, I do here confess) just to be met with a quote that I desperately needed to read.

Mary, thank you for inspiring me to live my creative life to the fullest, to pursue my dreams both on and off the page, and to not worry about what anyone else thinks of my journey. I'm well on my way to living authentically and you deserve a great big bucket of thanks!

Now GO! Visit Mary over at Play off the Page. Not only does she blog about writing, she also does wonderful reviews of plays and has two other blogs that talk about food and enjoying life from the back of a motorcycle!

Happy A-Z Everyone!


22 comments:

  1. Jen, you are so kind, and I feel very honored and uplifted by your post. I am as inspired by you and your wonderful way with words. You go for it - as in, your degree, your writing, your move, your career, your pursuit of finding beauty in this world. Go. Create. Inspire!
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome! Thank YOU for being an encouragement and an inspiration. Have a marvelous day and enjoy the Challenge :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful theme for this years A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! And thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jennifer, love your A to Z theme: Twenty- six days to bring more lovely into your life :) Mary is indeed a wonderful person.

    Rachna Chhabria
    Co-host IWSG
    Rachna's Scriptorium

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thing to do to honor bloggers who've made a difference to you. That's lovely. Mary sounds wonderful. Congrats to her on her screenplay. :)

    -Chrys Fey
    Tremp’s Troops - A to Z Co-co-host
    Write with Fey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrys! She's a great inspiration :)

      Delete
  5. I love your theme; it has a very “pay it forward” motif. Plus I like the idea of having new and interesting blogs shared with me. I don’t have to go looking for them. I’ll definitely be following along. Thanks for being so creative and considerate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Toinette! Just a little "thank you" to those who have inspired me in the 8 years I've been blogging :)

      Delete
  6. Wow... this is neat... I need to do this... but given where my mind tends to go... this could be very scary...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Oh, you'd be surprised at the themes some people come up with. You should give it a try next year!

      Delete
  7. I met Mary during my first A to Z, about 4 years ago...
    She is such an inspiring person!
    I love her FUN approach to creativity and life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is! And I do love her fun posts, especially on her other blog, Ride off the Page :)

      Delete
  8. Mary is awesome! I met her years ago during one of the first Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how many people already know Mary and who are already enjoying her blog :)

      Delete
  9. I think you have one of the coolest themes I've come across. It's always such a beautiful thing to be able to honor our friends. I'm looking forward to reading more about them along the way...

    On a side note, I used to have a friend named Jen Chandler back in college. So I declared you instantly AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kieron! And glad to know that the other Jen Chandler made you declare me awesome ;) Glad to know my minions are casting me in a great light! LOL!

      Delete
  10. I love your theme and look forward to meeting all 26 stars in your universe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Truly blogging and writing inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! Thanks for stopping by, Dolorah!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J