Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Letter D

WELCOME! To the 2015 A-Z Challenge!! My theme this year is Twenty-Six Days to Bring More LOVELY into Your Life. During the month of April, join me as I blog my way through the alphabet and highlight the bloggers, crafters and dreamers who make the online world (and the REAL world) a much more LOVELY place in which to live! I hope you find inspiration for your own journey.

***

Many of you may have already discovered the work of [D]avid Lebovitz. If so, you already know what a talented and charming man he is! If you haven't, you are in for a treat - literally! I was introduced to his work by my husband who found his website thanks to an interest in food photography.

David cooks both sweet and savory things and posts marvelous recipes and photographs on his website. What won me over, however, was his way with words. He's written several books, but my introduction to him was through his MARVELOUS The Sweet Life in Paris. This book tells the story of his move to Paris and all the quirks, ups and downs such a life change entails. It's packed with humorous anecdotes, heartwarming stories, tasty recipes, and cultural insights into Paris and the French in general. If you've ever wanted to live in Paris, figure out how to bake madeleines in a tiny kitchen, or if you just enjoy beautiful food and food writing, wander over and get acquainted.

Have a marvelous day!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I stumbled across David Lebovitz years ago. Thank you for reminding me about his website! We need to make something from his book that we have soon! I'm enjoying reading about all of the lovely people who inspire you and being reminded of all the fantastic and beautiful places that can be found on this here internet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you introduced him to me! His "Sweet Life in Paris" is wonderful!!

      Delete
  2. David is new to me. I'll have to explore his website. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! He's got wonderful recipes :)

      Delete
  3. Ooo. The Biker Chef and I would love this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check it out! The book is marvelous and he's precious!

      Delete
  4. I've heard of David but don't know too much about his work.
    Thanks for highlighting these inspirational bloggers/artists/writers/crafters/dreamers.
    Lots of new people to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying the posts! I'm having a lot of fun writing them :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J