Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Letter H

WELCOME! To the 2015 A-Z Challenge!! My theme this year is Twenty-Six Days to Bring More LOVELY into Your Life. During the month of April, join me as I blog my way through the alphabet and highlight the bloggers, crafters and dreamers who make the online world (and the REAL world) a much more LOVELY place in which to live! I hope you find inspiration for your own journey.

***

Ok, I'll admit I may be cheating a bit for letter H but I HAD to include this lady and the corresponding letters of her first and last name already had topics!! Alexandra Stoddard has been a lifestyle expert for decades and she is the very FIRST person I ever discovered who made learning manners and housekeeping elegant AND fun!

The letter H comes in from the lovely, most recent interview I found with Ms. Stoddard at [H]adley Court :). See? NOT cheating; innovating! 

I got my first education in elegant and gracious living from Ms. Stoddard. I am forever indebted to her for instilling within my thirteen year old self the importance of writing letters and journal keeping and using REAL PEN AND PAPER to do both! I love blogging and the ease of writing on a computer; I also love the instant contact with friends via social media. But NOTHING will EVER take the place of a good, old fashioned letter. Because of Alexandra Stoddard and her beautiful philosophy of life, I am a firm believer in the handwritten note and the old fashioned stamp and envelope way of delivering news.

If you've never heard of Alexandra Stoddard or come across any of her works, this interview at the Hadley Court website is a beautiful introduction to her lifestyle philosophy. She truly is a lovely soul who should be discovered and rediscovered by those who value a beautiful life.

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me to get those cards out. I bought a couple cards for friends who have had health problems. I plan to include a packet of flower seeds (sending flowers). It does feel more special to receive cards and letters in the mail, in someone's own handwriting.
    Play off the Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a wonderful thing to send someone! It's sending them hope, hope of growth and new life :)

      Delete
  2. I admit I was never a good letter writer (I don't think many men are) but I always send hand written thank you cards for gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always send handwritten thank you cards. It's just one of those thoughtful "commonsense" things I think everyone should continue to do!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J