Friday, April 10, 2015

The Letter I

WELCOME! To the 2015 A-Z Challenge!! My theme this year is Twenty-Six Days to Bring More LOVELY into Your Life. During the month of April, join me as I blog my way through the alphabet and highlight the bloggers, crafters and dreamers who make the online world (and the REAL world) a much more LOVELY place in which to live! I hope you find inspiration for your own journey.

***

I'm also getting Innovative for the letter I! Susan Branch is a talented artist and writer and I first discovered her when I was probably around the age of ten. She is best described as an [I]llustrator: see, there's that letter I :). Her illustrations are a delight to view and experience.

Her darling website is a visual feast that must be experienced! She has written many books that combine her artistic talent as well as her gift for writing. Perhaps the most unique thing about her work is that everything is written in her own, gorgeous handwriting! There's no boring fonts to be had! I learned years ago that when she first got started, she hand wrote EVERYTHING and it was then sent to print. Now, through the magic of technology, she has a font developed from her unique handwriting. That has GOT to make things much, much easier!

Susan Branch encouraged me to seek out my own unique way of telling stories and I'm happy to say that I have recently rediscovered my love of illustration as well as that lovely amalgam of story-telling, hand-lettering, DIY projects and recipes, and sketches that has always made her work beautiful and inspiring. In no way am I comparing myself or my work to hers; I am, however, saying THANK YOU to yet another beautiful soul for using her gifts and not being afraid to show us her unique way of seeing the world. 

Don't be afraid to rediscover those passions you had when you were young. Definitely don't be afraid to seek out those artists and writers and individuals who once inspired you and rediscover your authentic voice and life. TRUST ME! You'll be so happy that you braved the "rejection" and the "discrimination" from those who won't understand. It doesn't matter. There are plenty of others who will be happy to cheer you along and join you on your way!

Happy Discoveries!

2 comments:

  1. Well, who couldn't use more "lovely" in their lives? Great theme idea. Good luck with A to Z Challenge! Enjoyed your post. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate the comment. Good luck to you as well!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J