Friday, April 17, 2015

The Letter O

WELCOME! To the 2015 A-Z Challenge!! My theme this year is Twenty-Six Days to Bring More LOVELY into Your Life. During the month of April, join me as I blog my way through the alphabet and highlight the bloggers, crafters and dreamers who make the online world (and the REAL world) a much more LOVELY place in which to live! I hope you find inspiration for your own journey.

***

Writers love to read and we usually have a genre of choice. Like most true readers, I enjoy several different genres but my favorite is fantasy. In my opinion, it's hard to find fantasy that really rocks a reader's world. I'm talking fantasy that yanks you by the collar and drags you into the magic, without regard to your own, personal opinions or to-do list. Perhaps I'm just ridiculously picky, but if the summary doesn't grab me, I won't waste my time. I'm not into sampling; I want the full emersion experience.

James A. (O)wen is at the TOP of a very short list of the authors who - in my humble opinion - create these rare gem stories. Owen's Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica isn't just a great seven book series. It's an odyssey, a journey, a discovery of classical literature and ancient mythology. It's a wonderful ride through time and story and if I told you any more I would ruin one of the most amazing discovery-reads I've ever experienced. In fact, I STILL find myself having "ah HA!" moments through other books about instances in Owen's series.

I'll stop gushing. GO READ BOOK ONE, Here There be Dragons.  Oh, and whatever you do, do NOT read the back of the paperback book. Some moron thought it would be great to ruin the amazing "Holy Crap" moment reveal at the end of the book when the paperback came out. 

Seriously. I've suggested this series to so many people and NO ONE has yet to finish it with me. It's deep and complex and WOW does it dive into some deep-seated philosophy and mythology but it is so worth the ride.

Ah well... I'm here for you James A...

I'm here for you.


2 comments:

  1. I'm adding this series to the list for my son, whose most often spoke words, "Mom, I finished my book, now what should I read?" (He's almost 15, and reads, reads, reads. Love him.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH he will LOVE this series! If he loves fantasy it will be a delight to him! In fact, after writing this, I want to reread it myself :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J