Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Letter S

Let me say this up front: my next Inspiring Person may have fallen off the popularity band wagon with some of you but I have ALWAYS admired her and her creativity. So, in the words of Thumper, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all."

I have been watching Martha [S]tewart and enjoying her books for as long as I can remember. My mom read Martha's very first book when it came out and has bought every one of her other books since. I grew up with the phrase, "It's a good thing" ingrained in my creative dialogue and i still find myself wanting to say it whenever I teach someone a new craft skill or recipe. I love how EVERYTHING in her world has a specific place and purpose. I love how precise everything is and how she can make ironing linens formulaic and interesting. I still watch Martha on PBS and read her blog and newsletter. If it's been a while since you've visited with Martha, click on over...

...it's still a good thing ;)

Happy clicking!

1 comment:

  1. I love Martha Stewart, too. She is still and probably always will be the standard by which I will judge myself and others (at least concerning the domestic stuff), that being said, I like her earlier books a lot more than her later stuff. They're more genuine. I didn't realize this until I took out her original Entertaining book from the library and loved it so much I bought it for myself. The new version was nothing like the old one; all the personality had been stripped out in favor of perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J