Thursday, April 23, 2015

The Letter T

Today I get to blog about one of my favorite people! Not that any of the others I've blogged about aren't but...oh never mind!

Kristen [T]orres-Toro has been a dear, sweet friend of mine for a very LONG time! We met while I was a youth counsellor and she a lovely voice in the youth band I helped lead. I had no idea at the time what a very talented writer she was!

Years later, I moved back home and reconnected with a mutual friend who just happened to start a writer's group. There was Kristen and our friendship blossomed! She's a world traveller, works tirelessly as a missionary and humanitarian and is ALWAYS giving 100% of herself to everyone she meets! I went to India with her about 6 years ago and it was a perfect picture of grace and beauty to watch her with the children in the orphanage and to watch the way they LOVED her!

She's always been first in line to critique my writing (except my horror stories) and has one of the best editor's eyes around! She puts up with my spastic "I CAN'T WRITE" mentality but always has words of encouragement whenever I need it. No matter what's going on I know I can count on her to be there, to listen, to pray, and to encourage. I certainly hope that I do the same!

KRISTEN, YOU ROCK! I LOVE YOU AND I'M SO VERY THANKFUL TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND. NOW WRITE THOSE BOOKS, KID! I KNOW THEY'RE IN YOU! WHAT? AM I PREACHING TO MYSELF? YEAH. MAYBE :)

GO! Check out her blog and read her musical prose! Trust me; you're in for a treat :)

Cheers!


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Indeed I did! About five years ago. It was AMAZING!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the Intro! Heading over there right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to read her blog. Thanks for the re-connection. So glad you have a friend like her nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a small world! I love that you have already read her blog. It's BEAUTIFUL!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J