Friday, May 8, 2015

A-Z Reflections Post

This was my third year participating in the A-Z Challenge. I wasn't able to last year and I missed being a part of all the crazy fun.

I really enjoyed the Challenge this year. My topic allowed me to give back to a lot of people who have inspired me, something that I've always wanted to do but never made the time for it. That's the sad truth. Why wait for a blog challenge to tell people how much they inspire you? Still, thanks to the A-Z Challenge creators for giving me the opportunity to do something really fun for a lot of really terrific people!

Things I really liked about the Challenge this year: I appreciated the leaders stopping by. It means a lot to me that someone who has SO MUCH on their schedule to stop by, read a little post, and comment. I know you guys had a TON of blogs to visit so Thank YOU!!

I always love the new visitors, the new comments and the waves from familiar "faces". A great big HELLO to those who stopped by, even for just one post!

Things that didn't work out so well this year: Really there's only ONE thing and it is completely my fault. I wasn't able to make the rounds reading. Many factors combined to make it really difficult form me to carve out the time to sit down and enjoy reading the posts of the many, MANY participants. Bottom line, this is nobody's fault but mine, regardless of whether or not it could be helped. This is my ONLY complaint for the challenge!

The A-Z Challenge introduced me to so many people over the years. Several of these bloggers were highlighted in my posts. I love the blogging community I've come to know and I HATE how my time has slipped away and how I don't have the time to spend on blogging like I used to. I MISS strolling through blogs and getting to know people through their words. Years ago, when I first started blogging, I was able to read up to 20 blogs a day. I'm now at a time in my life where that is just not possible. But I know this will change. One day life will shift again and I'll have time again to enjoy blogging as it should be done.

All I ask is that you guys continue to forgive my absences and I thank you for your patience. You guys are awesome - every last one of you. I treasure every comment, every email notification I get. I'm getting the hang of this move finally and writing is slowly (slowly) coming back to the forefront of my attention.

I look forward to "seeing" you all here and around the blogsphere! Oh, and I've already got an inkling of next year's Challenge theme. Crazy? Yes! But, if I can figure out how to make it work, it proves to be a whole lot of fun!!

Cheers and thanks again to ALL the A-Z Challenge creators, leaders and co-leaders!


4 comments:

  1. Blogging can be pretty time-consuming; I used to write three blog posts a week, and now I'm lucky if I can manage three or four blog posts a month. I try to read as many posts as I can, but unfortunately it's not always possible to read everyone's. So I understand what you're saying; I think a lot of people can relate to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can all relate to what you're saying.
    Life gets hectic. We have jobs and families and a million other things that need attention...
    Take care, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now getting around to visiting the blogs in the challenge. April was a busy month for me. Congrats on completing the A to Z Challenge! Looking forward to next year! See you on the Road Trip!

    Mary
    www.JingleJangleJungle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there.
    Congratulations on surviving the A-Z Challenge! Nice reflections post. I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy, fantastic life to pay a visit! I appreciate every, single comment and I'll continue the conversation here :) It makes this big blog-verse of ours feel a little more like home.

Cheers! ~J